Sweet deliciousness any day of the week!
There are so many benefits to making a smoothie or juicing. Since I made a smoothie today, that’s where we’ll start.
Smoothies provide an easy way to get a TON of green veggies and fruits without having to actually eat them all. (You’ll see what I mean when you check out the ingredients) Doesn’t that sound great?! Since you won’t be discarding any leftovers (as with juicing) you’ll get all the goodness of the fiber too. Did you know studies show that we need 20-30 grams of fiber? Yet the average American only gets 3-5 grams?! No wonder people have so many digestion issues.
OK – I digress. Are you ready for the ingredients?! Be sure to wash everything first, then put everything in a blender and blend away… pour into a tall glass, sit back and enjoy!
- 2 handfuls of spinach (I love using a Kale/Spinach blend too)
- 1 whole cucumber
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 frozen banana (Never Throw Away a Banana Again)
- a couple spoonfuls of flaxseed
- a spoonful of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- a smidgeon of Agave nectar if needed
- filtered water – if it’s a little thick, you can add a little water